Green Grape White Sangria Poptails
“Poptails” can be made with green, red or black grapes and are perfect for summer picnics or backyard gatherings. Instead of having an after dinner cocktail, you can always enjoy a cool, after dinner poptail!
- 1 ¾ cups of white wine (Chenin Blanc, Riesling or Pinot Grigio)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 24 green grapes from California, sliced in 4 slices each
- 1 large lime, sliced in rounds
- 6 (3-ounce) disposable mini cups
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Combine wine and sugar in a pitcher; stir to dissolve sugar. Set aside.
- Divide grape slices between disposable cups (about 16 slices each).
- Carefully pour wine-sugar mixture in each cup, leaving 1/4 – inch room for lime slice.
- With a paring knife, make a small slit in the center of each lime slice.
- Carefully place the lime slice in the disposable cup as a covering. Insert popsicle stick in the middle of lime slice. Adjust stick to stand upright if necessary.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Peel off disposable cup and enjoy.