Roasted Grape & Balsamic Crostini
The roasted grapes and balsamic pair perfectly with the smooth and creamy ricotta for this winter party appetizer.
- 1/2lb small red seedless grapes
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- 6oz whole milk ricotta
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 to 1-inch thick slices & toasted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss together the grapes and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and toss again. Add the grapes to a rimmed baking sheet in an even layer and roast until they start to blister, approximately 12 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the grapes are roasting, reduce the balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat until it thickens and is reduced to about 2 Tbsp. Stir in brown sugar, black pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- To assemble the crostini, spread a thick layer of ricotta on each slice of bread. Top with roasted grapes and drizzle with the balsamic reduction. Sprinkle each with chopped thyme and serve.