Honeydew Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Equal parts salad salad and fruit salad, this Honeydew Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing from Cheryl Sternman Rule’s Ripe is going to be seeing quite a lot of action over the spring and summer months.
- 1/2 medium honeydew, seeded, flesh scooped with a melon baller
- 1/2 medium English cucumber, seed membrane scraped out, cut into half moons
- 1/2 pound seedless green grapes, cut in half (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon canola or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 4 large fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- In a large serving bowl, combine the honeydew, cucumber, and grapes.
- Whisk the lime juice, oil, water, honey, and poppy seeds in a small bowl or glass measuring cup, and pour over the honeydew mixture. (Scrape any stubborn poppy seeds onto the salad.) Top with mint, give a good stir, and serve immediately.
Tip:Serve this summery salad as a counterpoint to something spicy, like a curry.