Melon Sparkler with Tapioca Pearls
This spritzy Melon Sparkler from DrinksMadeEasy takes the best part of bubble tea (the chewy, gummy tapioca pearls) to new boozy heights with an infusion of sweet Moscato syrup.
- 1 CUP MOSCATO
- 1 HONEYDEW MELON
- .5 CUP BLACK TAPIOCA PEARLS
- To prepare the tapioca, add the pearls to a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over moderate heat until the tapioca is chewy and plump, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and cool under running water. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, bring half a cup of Moscato to a boil. Simmer until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the Moscato syrup over the tapioca and refrigerate until chilled, about 15 minutes.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out 2 cups of Honeydew melon balls. Set aside.
- Chop the remaining melon and transfer to a blender. Puree until smooth. Strain the puree, without pressing on the solids, to extract clear green juice.
- Spoon the melon balls into a Collins glass and fill half way with the melon juice. Top with chilled Moscato and tapioca pearls.