Persian Cucumber Bites
This little cucumber and lox appetizer is super light and the perfect dish if you are short on time. It’s easy, super healthy, Gluten Free, Grain Free and can be made ahead of time.
- 1 pound organic Persian cucumbers, washed, ends trimmed and sliced into 3/4″ rounds
- 4 ounces pre-sliced Wild Smoked Salmon (See NOTES)
- 1 8-ounce package organic cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill leaves plus more for garnish
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Clean cucumbers, trim ends and evenly cut into 3/4″ rounds
- Cut the smoked salmon into evenly sized pieces so that they will fit on top of the cucumber rounds. Place the cucumber rounds on a serving tray and top with the salmon pieces. Use up all the salmon. I put about two pieces per cucumber round.
- Combine the cream cheese, dill leaves, salt and pepper in the body of a food processor or blender. Process until well combined and softened.
- Use a piping bag (I used Wilton Tip #21) to evenly distribute the Dill Cream Cheese onto the rounds. (See NOTES if you do not have a piping bag).
- Finish by placing a small sprig of fresh dill on top of each round and refrigerate until ready to use. Serve and Enjoy!