PURPLE GRAPE & ROSEMARY SORBET
A refreshing and sophisticated sorbet with the most unbelievably good flavour combination. You have to try this!
- 180ml / ¾ cup maple syrup
- 180ml / ¾ cup water
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 720ml / 3 cups purple grape juice
- (optional) 2 tbsp alcohol such as vodka, whiskey, brandy etc.*
- Make a simple syrup by heating the maple syrup and water in a small saucepan. Add the fresh rosemary to the pan. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Leave to cool, then strain and mix with the purple grape juice and alcohol (if using).
- Chill the mixture for a couple of hours, until completely cold.
- You can either add it straight to an ice cream machine and churn until thick and smooth or you can give it a good whisk before freezing, then whipping again an hour after it’s frozen to break up any ice that forms.
- Add the sorbet to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
NOTE: *The alcohol keeps the sorbet from freezing too hard.